Friday, February 22, 2013

Something personal...PLEASE read.

When I was 7 years old, my father was killed in a car accident.  My brother, just 3 years old, and I were left fatherless & forced to witness the grief our mother experienced, even though she tried to contain it in front of us. 

My mother was lucky enough to find love again with a man that adopted us and made our family whole again, but that doesn't erase the memory or the pain from that time in our lives.  I am immensely proud of my mother for her strength during that time, and have the utmost respect and sympathies for any family going through the loss of a parent. 

That said, I want to share a link that was on my timeline this morning.  Matthew Corn was killed on February 10th, and has left behind a wife and 3 young children.  Author Nichole Chase has organized an auction to benefit the family, and many authors have contributed signed copies of their works to this cause. 

Please visit www.forthecornfamily.us to help in any way you can.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing something so personal with your readers. I am terribly sorry to hear about your father's passing.

    I read about the Corn family's accident and am deeply saddened by it but I'm so happy that the book community is banding together to help. This is one of the reasons why I love reading and being in the company of these wonderful authors, bloggers and readers. Everyone is so generous and kind.

    tess_halim(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete