Monday, February 4, 2013

Hey Everyone!  My name is Crystal, or "Kricket" to some.  Feel free to call me whatever you like, but make sure I deserve it.  I've been a lover of books for as long as I could remember, even being one of the first in my Kindergarten class to read chapter books - a fact that looking back makes me super proud of my mom for rocking the Hooked-on-Phonics routine with me.  When I was 15, I picked up my first romance novel.  Jewels of the Sun by Nora Roberts quickly hooked me, and for almost 10 years I made it my personal goal to read every book Nora had ever published, many more than once.

Then something amazing happened to me - I discovered my Kindle app.  My love for all Nora Roberts books quickly stemmed to a love for all Romance, particularly Indie authors.  It seems to me that Indie authors explore so much more and use such a different voice than the Harlequin and Silhouette romances that I've been reading for so many years.  I also believe that they are incredibly brave...they don't have someone proof reading everything they right, or approving of story lines based on popular consensus.  They just dream, write and share - hoping to get noticed and please the crowds.

So, with my ever expanding love of a good story, I've decided to start yet another book blog.  My goal is to focus on those Indie authors that write "women's contemporary fiction", but this will not be the extent of the writing that I cover.  There are so many writers that I absolutely adore, and don't want to leave any of them out.  Hopefully you'll all join me in my never ending journey through so many's minds.     

2 comments:

  1. Looks good Crystal!! Looking forward to reading more from you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Crystal!

    I'm new to your blog and Facebook page :) I enjoy reading your posts and I'm curious to know, why is your nickname "Kricket"? If it's not too personal, would you be able to share? Sounds like an interesting story!

    My name is Tess and I recently got hooked onto reading again after finishing Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy. That's about 6 months ago and since then, I've been looking for new reads and I discovered indie authors and book blogs. I love reading all the reviews, interviews and getting to know the authors behind the books I enjoyed so much.

    I look forward to reading your blog posts and updates! All the best and have fun blogging! :)

    Tess xx
    tess_halim(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete