Monday, June 20, 2016

Kricket's Review : EVERYWHERE AND EVERY WAY by Jennifer Probst



My first impression of this book was WHOA!  This is not Jennifer’s usual.  I was only half right.  All of the Probst charm was there, but there was a growth in this book that I hadn’t anticipated.  Don’t get me wrong - I’ve loved every J.P. story I’ve read, and didn’t think I could love this wonderful woman’s writing any more.  But something happened between Searching for Beautiful and Everywhere and Every Way.  Suddenly the contemporary romance I’d come to expect was cloaked traditional romantic appeal.  I know I’ve said this before, but I could feel Nora Roberts in every word that came from this story.  I felt connections to Montana Sky, a resemblance to the Quinn Brothers, and of course we can’t forget The Inn Boonsboro.  As an avid Roberts’ fan, this is the greatest compliment I can give an author.

But there was more to my love for this book than just the writing style.  I felt Caleb’s grief and loneliness, and I envied Morgan’s strength and resolve.  A small piece of the whole, I found myself craving more and more from the Pierce brothers.  The characters were written in such a realistic way that I couldn’t help but feel connected to them, and long for more the moment that the book ended.

I can’t forget to mention that I didn’t READ this book, but rather I LISTENED.   Madeline Maby is the voice I will forever associate with Jennifer’s stories, and I was thrilled to find her narrating the newest title.  As an added bonus, Sebastian York joined for Caleb’s narration.  Even my husband (who will never admit to actually listening to my books with me) thought that was a treat.  All in all, I can’t rave enough about the kick off to Probst’s newest series.  And it can’t come soon enough, as I’m already heartbroken over the loss of the Searching For series – and she hasn’t even released the last one yet!  

To recap in case it wasn't clear, I'm once again giving Jennifer Probst 5 stars with a resounding YES in the referral box!  Definitely pick this one up, you won't regret it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment